Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 musings (in other words, my thoughts)

Hey y'all,

When coming up with this blog, I've been thinking about the many (many) things that I want to cover. Basically, as silly and corny as it may sound, I really do want to try to make this community a more positive place, and I want to spotlight that people who are doing that very thing on a day-to-day basis.

But anyway, reflections for 2017. It seems kinda obligatory, but there are some things that I want to do better in the coming year. For one thing, I do want to be more healthy, and more active. For another thing, I want to be more organized, which for me, is no small feat. I'm one of those people who says that they're going to do something, then promptly forgets about it. So, on the topic of reflections and resolutions, I want to bring up a few ideas and organizations out there that have really helped me lately.

Bullet journals: I just found out about bullet journals a few months ago, and I was really interested. I still don't fully know what they are, mine is very bare-boned. Basically, I make myself a calendar in my journal (or notebook, as I call mine), and fill in my day-to-day activities (like volunteering and pet-sitting). Very basic. Then, I do a daily to-do list, and put in more things as they come into my head. I also like to put little boxes next to all of my tasks, and put checkmarks when I've completed things. It makes me feel very accomplished. My favorite part is decorating my "notebook" though. I get cute stickers, or just cut out pictures, and stick 'em in. This journaling has been very helpful for me, so I hope it will be for you as well. I'll include some pictures of mine at the bottom of this posting if any of y'all are interested as well.

Thrift stores: I'm a big fan of thrift stores, if there's anything that you should know about me. I especially like In Full Swing in Doylestown (or dtown, if you're a local), mostly because I volunteer there (hint hint, come visit me!). But yeah, if you're like me, and concerned about where your clothes come from. Plus, they benefit A Woman's Place, a domestic violence prevention organization. But anyway, I'll stop tooting their horn now. But seriously, check out thrift stores. They are great, and you can really find one of a kind things there.

As promised, pictures of my bullet "notebook" in case any of you want to make yourself one.

Daily to-do list
 Monthly calendar
I need to customize everything

Peace out,
Len 😏

No comments:

Post a Comment