Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Potato Horror Story and Spider Fruit

Okay, so that might be a little extreme of a title, but have you smelled rotten potatoes recently? A little too much like a horror story, if you ask me. But hey, if that's the worst thing to happen to me this year, I'm doing pretty well, right?

Yesterday was my first day of work (volunteering with the Grateful Bread food pantry. Nice title, huh? 😋), and it was an interesting first day. First off, I don't like being a newbie, as I've discovered, but everyone treated me like family. Mary and Sherri, our managers, were adorable, and they made us (Zach, Brittni, and I) little signs to welcome us. Brittni and Zach have become like my siblings, and I think we're gonna get along well.

Then, we got to meet and shop for a few clients. This is my favorite part of the job (gee, I wonder why, since I love people), and I met some pretty great people yesterday. There was R.G., a three-year-old who came in with his grandparents, who blew us "some shuga" (kisses), and was a great little helper. There was Thelma, a lady in her 80's who couldn't have been more than 4' 11" inches, and gives me a bear hug for no reason whatsoever.

Then this morning, we tried what we dubbed the "spider fruit". It tasted like a pear, looked like a strawberry with spider legs. And, it was delicious! I think I'm gonna like it here. 😉 Here are some photos for your enjoyment.

Peace out (til next time),
Len 😎








7 comments:

  1. <3 glad to know that you are settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rambutan! That's a new one. I only have tried lychee before. I will have to look for it at Assi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so good! It's like pear flavored jelly, under the kinda weird skin. You should check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete