Sunday, August 13, 2017

Take Me to Church

I just wanted to write something about my church experience this morning. For me church is a comforting experience because, wherever you go, you feel at home. At least I do. You sing familiar songs, you hear familiar passages from the bible, and you're surrounded by people who (hopefully) have similar beliefs as you do, and are good people. I know that some people have not had this experience, and I am truly sorry for that, and I hope to be able to change the view that some hold on religion. But this post is not about that. This post is about my experience, and why I am growing to love Kentucky, at least this part of Kentucky.

It's very much a small-town feel, and I absolutely love that. You walk past people and you say "Good Morning", and they say it back, and maybe even say it before you do. We were at church this morning, and immediately, we are greeted, and the congregation is asked if anyone is new, and if so, where are they from. A few people volunteered (me not being one of them, I am ashamed to say), and we even celebrated a few birthdays! It was wonderful, and pretty relaxed. Considering that I come from a relatively relaxed parish, it was nice to experience that in a different state. That's all for now, keep up the love guys! 

Oh, and if you would like my address, let me know and I'll gladly oblige. I do love receiving mail. 😉

Peace out,
Len 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment